Indians have a fascination for food and they are so obsessed with good food that they could go to great lengths to enjoy delicious food. Indians could talk about food endlessly and they thoroughly enjoy discussions revolving around food. Indian food is popular worldwide today. Some Indian dishes such as Tandoori Chicken, Palak Paneer, Dal Makhani, Butter Chicken, Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Chicken Biryani are the hot favourite dishes that are enjoyed by one and all across the globe. So, it is a good idea to explore some of the fascinating facts about Indian cuisine that everyone must know. Come enjoy the best Indian food in Melbourne by booking a table well in advance.
Did You Know
- Indian cuisine has actually evolved over time and it is currently the ultimate expression of how Indian culture and roots could absorb other influences but at the same time hold on to its very own distinctiveness.
- Indian cuisine is actually a delicate and often complex art of mixing spices. Indian culinary experts have honed this art to perfection and taken it to a whole new level.
- Indian cuisine is all about using a fabulous selection of fresh fruits and vegetables that are cooked in various ways which would be effective in retaining their nutrients and freshness. Indian chefs in top Indian restaurants in Melbourne would be preparing the best Indian food in Australia.
- Traditional Indian cuisine is all about using fresh ingredients, farm fresh vegetables & herbs, freshly-ground spices and cooking dishes from scratch. Indian food does not contain too many preservatives and is certainly a healthy option.
- Indian cuisine uses spices such as ginger, garlic, turmeric, and green chillies etc. that boast of both medicinal, as well as, healing properties. India is popularly referred to as the ‘Land of Spices’. India is supposed to be the leading nation in the world that produces the maximum varieties of spices.
- A conventional Indian meal would be including proteins, carbohydrates, fibre, fats, and all other essential elements that comprise a balanced diet.
- Indian food is about 6 distinctive tastes & flavours. Sweet, Salty, Bitter, Sour, Astringent, and Spicy.
- Sweets and desserts are given a whole lot of importance in Indian cuisine. No festivals or special occasions could be complete without some mouth-watering sweet dishes. Holi, Diwali, Eid, Durga Puja, or other festivals are complete when delicious sweets are served. Indians enjoy having gulab jamuns, rabris, gajar ka halwa, kulfis, gujias, besan ke laddus, etc. Payasam is a hot favourite South Indian dessert. As per the tradition or customs, no South Indian wedding ceremony is complete without payasam.
- Biryani is a hot favourite Indian delicacy that is popular worldwide. Most Indian restaurants across the globe would be serving Hyderabadi Dum Biryani as everyone enjoys having it. This is how the concept of biryani developed in India. The then Nawab of Awadh was encountering major food crisis in his kingdom. So, he had ordered his chefs to prepare a meal for all the poor people in huge covered pots or handis and seal the mouth with dough. This method would be effective in cooking huge quantities of food using up minimum resources. Nobody then even thought that this style of cooking would eventually, become so popular and would be loved worldwide.
If you have found the above-mentioned facts about Indian cuisine fascinating, try out the best Indian food in Melbourne.